OBiWiFi5G Setup - OBi IP PhoneThis tutorial guides you through setting up your OBiWiFi5G Wireless Adapter with the OBi IP Phone.
Setting up the OBiWiFi5G dongle may require your OBi device to run the latest firmware. If you are having trouble configuring the OBiWiFi5G dongle, there is a good chance your OBi device's firmware needs to be updated.
Updating the OBi firmware is simple:
- Log in to your OBiTALK account and check whether there is a yellow exclamation icon next to your OBi number. The yellow exclamation icon indicates that a new firmware is available for the OBi device.
- Click on the yellow exclamation icon to update the OBi device.
If you have any issue on the firmware update, please email email@example.com with your 9 digit OBi number to get help with firmware update for the OBiWiFi5G dongle connectivity.
If you have a OBi300/OBi302/OBi200/OBi202, scroll down or click here for the instructions.
- Select Settings on the phone screen
- Select OBiWiFi
- Click on “Scan” (bottom right of the screen)
- Select the WiFi network you would like to connect to
- Click on “Connect” to enter your network password
- Enter the WiFi password if required
OBiWiFi5G Setup - OBi300/OBi302/OBi200/OBi202This tutorial guides you through setting up your OBiWifi5G Wireless Adapter with the OBi300/OBi302/OBi200/OBi202.
Step 1: Connect the OBiWiFi5G adapter to the OBi3xx or OBi2xx USB port and power on the OBi device.
Step 2: Check if the OBiWiFi5G dongle has a blinking BLUE light. The OBiWiFi5G dongle MUST show a blinking blue light in order to proceed with the setup. If you do not see a blinking blue light, please do the following:
- Unplug and reinsert the OBiWiFi5G dongle again.
- Power cycle the OBi2xx/OBi3xx device.
- If you still do not see a blinking blue light on the OBiWiFi5G, please contact our Support Team.
Step 3: Only required for the OBi202. Please skip to step 4 for all other devices.
- Dial ***0 from the phone connected to the OBi202
- Enter 30#
- Press 1 to Enter a New Value
- Press 1# to Enable
- Press 1 to Save
Step 4*: From a WiFi enabled device, e.g. computer, tablet or smart phone, open its network settings and connect to a WiFi network called “OBiWiFi_Setup.” Your browser-equipped device will automatically connect to the OBiWiFi_Setup network.
Note: If you do not see the network, dial *27 on a phone connected to the OBi.
Step 5: Wait 30 seconds. Then, open a browser window and visit http://192.168.10.1/wifi or try http://obiconnect.com/wifi.
When prompted, enter a username and password to access the configuration webpage.
The default username is: admin
The default password is: admin
If you have previously changed your OBi2xx/3xx Webpage Admin Password, log-in to the www.OBiTALK.com portal, select your OBi2xx/3xx from the Dashboard and retrieve the password.
Step 6: Next, you will see a screen allowing you to select your WiFi Network Name (SSID) from a drop down list and (if necessary), a WiFi Network Password. Click the Connect button to complete the setup. If the SSID is not on the drop down list, choose Other network, and enter the SSID of your wireless router. If you do not know the security mode, leave it as Auto and OBi will automatically detect the security mode for you.
Allow 30 seconds for the OBiWiFi5G adapter to connect to the your wireless network. If successful, the OBi's power LED should turn from blinking green to steady green.
Note: You can also verify if OBiWiFi5G is working properly by checking if the OBi device has acquired a valid IP address (dial ***1 to listen to the IP address).