OBi5vs Series Universal VoIP Adapter & Voice Service Bridge
Extremely cost-effective, with cutting-edge technology, the ultra-flexible OBi5vs Series devices can be used for many voice and fax applications. Businesses using premise-based open-standard platforms such as Asterisk, FreePBX, PBX in a Flash or other SIP-based systems will be able to leverage the OBi5vs Series phone ports as user phone or fax extensions. Likewise, the OBi5vs Series can be deployed where the business is using a hosted service and need connections available with the OBi5vs Series for phones, fax machines and paging systems. When coupled with Obihai's powerful OBiTALK cloud-based management portal, the OBi5vs Series can be deployed in almost any voice and data networking environment, yet be securely and reliably managed from anyplace with a connection to the Internet.
Via the OBi5vs Series’ on-board phone connections as well as via the Internet to other OBi endpoints via Obihai’s OBiTALK network or up to eight (8) available VoIP services from a multitude of SIP Internet phone services, you have the power make and receive phone calls and faxes as well as bridge mobile, fixed line and Internet telephone services. The OBi5vs Series supports the T.38 fax standard for reliable facsimile calls over the Internet.
The OBi5vs Series USB ports can serve multiple purposes now, and in the future. For example, today the OBiBT USB to Bluetooth adapter allows for pairing a mobile phone’s cellular service to the OBi5vs as an available service with which the OBi5vs device can originate, terminate or bridge calls. Additionally, the OBiLINE USB to FXO adapter may be used to add fully-routable PSTN / analog telephone service circuits to the OBi5vs Series’ any-to-any voice switching matrix.
Key Features of the OBi5vs Series:
- 4 or 8 FXS Telephone Ports - Use with Regular Phones, Faxes and Legacy Systems
- 4 FXO Line Ports – Fully Routable and SIP Addressable for VoIP Gateway Functionality (OBi544 Only)
- 1 PSTN Line Port with Relay to FXS Phone Port 1 – Use with Line Powered Phone Service in the Event of a Power Outage
- 3 USB Ports - Use with supported Obihai USB Accessories
- 4 Port Ethernet Switch - 1 GigE + 3 Fast Ethernet
- 1 Line-In Audio Port - Add Music-on-Hold Audio to Calls in Progress
- 1 Line-Out Audio Port - Use with Paging Systems - SIP Addressable
When coupled with Obihai's powerful OBiTALK cloud-based management portal, the OBi508vs can be deployed in almost any voice and data networking environment, yet be securely and reliably managed from anyplace with a connection to the Internet.
Software Feature Highlights:
- Call Signaling for Up to 8 SIP-Based Voice Services: SIP (UDP/TCP/TLS)
- OBiTALK Calling: Allows for Voice Communications Between OBi Devices and Smart Phone Apps
- VoIP Codecs Supported: G.711, G.726, G.729, G.722, iLBC
- Fax Over IP: T.38 Real-Time Fax over IP, G.711 Transparent Fax (Automatic)
- Obihai Call Routing and Bridging Technology: Allows for Full-matrix Switching Amongst Available Services (VoIP, Land Line or Mobile Phone) and/or Ports
- Secure Provisioning and Management via the OBiTALK Cloud or via TFTP, HTTP/S or via Integral Web Page
- Globally Localizable: Allows for Country-Specific Dialing, Ringing, In-call Tones and PSTN (FXO) Interoperability - Requires OBiLINE USB to FXO Adapter(s)
Additional Hardware Features:
- 12v External Power Adapter
- Desktop, Wall or 19' Rack Mountable
- Durable Metal Enclosure with Kensington Lock Port
|RJ11 FXS Phone Ports||4||8||4|
|RJ11 FXO Line Ports||0||0||4|
|RJ11–PSTN Fail-Over Port (w/ Relay)||1||1||1|
|USB 2.0 Ports||3||3||3|
|Line-In Audio Port||1||1||1|
|Line-Out Audio Port||1||1||1|
|Ethernet Switching Ports (RJ45)||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet|