Obihai Technology Announces New High-Density VoIP Solutions
With OBiTALK cloud-management, the OBi5vs Series enables fast, secure and easily managed VoIP deployments to multi-user and multi-tenant locations.
Las Vegas — 28 August 2013— Today, Obihai Technology announced the OBi5vs Series Universal VoIP Adapters in booth #208, at the Internet Telephony Conference and Expo (ITEXPO). Developed for residential and small business environments requiring multiple simultaneous voice and fax calling via VoIP, Obihai designed the OBi5vs Series universal VoIP adapters with Virtual Stacking technology. Information technology professionals, communications solution resellers and Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) will appreciate the high performance, versatile call-control and secure remote management technology implemented in the OBi5vs Series products. When coupled with Obihai’s powerful OBiTALK cloud-based management portal, the OBi5vs Series can be deployed in almost any voice and data networking environment, yet be securely and reliably managed from anyplace with an Internet connection to the cloud. With Obihai Virtual Stacking Technology, administrators are able scale their networks efficiently by virtually increasing the port-capacity of VoIP network elements comprised of OBi5vs Series devices.
The OBi5vs Series is extremely flexible and can be configured to be used for many applications. Businesses using premise-based open-standard platforms such as Asterisk, FreePBX, PBX in a Flash or other SIP-based system will be able to leverage the OBi5vs series phone ports as user phone or fax extensions. The OBi504vs FXO ports can be used as a gateway to legacy telco services. Likewise, the OBi5vs Series can be deployed in environments where the business is using a hosted service, such as those from Anveo, Broadvox, Callcentric, Vitelity, etc., and need connections available with the OBi5vs for connections to phones, fax machines and paging systems.
Powered by industry-leading Internet communication and embedded systems technology from Obihai, the OBi5vs Series supports the following hardware and software features:
Hardware Feature Highlights:
- 4 Port Ethernet Switch – 1 GigE + 3 Fast Ethernet
- 3 USB2.0 Ports (2 front / 1 back) – For use with Obihai accessories / future applications.
- 4 or 8 FXS Telephone Ports (model dependent) – For use with regular phones, fax machines and legacy systems.
- 4 FXO Phone Line Ports (OBi544vs Only) – For connecting calls to / from telco services for local or bridged calls.
- 1 FXO Phone Line Port with Relay – For use as a ‘PSTN’ back-up in the case of a loss of power.
- 1 Line-In Audio Port (front) – For adding music-on-hold / messaging audio to calls in progress – SIP addressable.
- 1 Line-Out Audio Port (front) – For use with paging / loud-speaker announcements – SIP addressable.
- 12v External Power Adapter – with region-specific pig-tail electrical plug.
- Desktop, Wall or 19’ Rack Mountable – OBi5vs Series rack mount kit sold separately.
- Durable Metal Enclosure with Kensington Lock Port
Software Feature Highlights:
- Call Signaling for Up to 8 Voice Services: SIP (UDP/TCP/TLS), Google™ (XMPP)
- OBiTALK Calling: Allows for voice communications between OBi devices and smart phone apps.
- VoIP Codecs: G.711, G.726, G.729, iLBC
- Fax Over IP: T.38 Real-Time Fax over IP, G.711 Transparent Fax (Automatic)
- Obihai Call Routing and Bridging Technology: Allows for full-matrix switching amongst services and ports.
- Virtual Stacking Technology: Allows for increasing the virtual port-capacity of VoIP network elements.
- Secure Provisioning and Management via the OBiTALK cloud or via TFTP, HTTP/S or via integral web page.
- Globally Localizable: Allows for country-specific dialing, ringing, in-call tones and PSTN (FXO) interoperability.
OBi5vs Series Model Line-Up and List Pricing (USD):
The OBi5vs Series will be comprised of three models, initially. The OBi504vs, OBi508vs and OBi544vs.
|RJ11 FXS Phone Ports||4||8||4|
|RJ11 FXO Line Ports||0||0||4|
|RJ11–PSTN Fail-Over Port (w/ Relay)||1||1||1|
|USB 2.0 Ports||3||3||3|
|Line-In Audio Port||1||1||1|
|Line-Out Audio Port||1||1||1|
|Ethernet Switching Ports (RJ45)||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet||1 Gig-E + 3 10/100 Fast Ethernet|
OBi5vs Series Availability:Beginning immediately, for ITSPs and qualified partners, the OBi508vs may be purchased directly from Obihai Technology. In the fourth quarter of 2013, the OBi508vs, OBi504vs and OBi544vs models will be generally available to end-users, IT and communications technology resellers and ITSPs via Obihai’s regular direct, distribution and reseller channels. For more information, please contact Obihai Technology via email to: email@example.com or phone: 408-890-6000.
About ObihaiObihai’s mission is to be the global leader in Internet-based communication solutions for residential consumers and small business. Obihai enhances the way people communicate by providing solutions that work within the many and varied lifestyles its customers experience. Through empowering service providers and end users worldwide with highly efficient, cost-effective and service-ready communication products, Obihai is able to deliver unprecedented value where any person who uses a phone - mobile or fixed, and a service - circuit or packet, will see value in Obihai such that its products and services become crucial "add-ons" to any communication service subscription.
Other company names mentioned herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.