Absolutely Convenient use of Google Voice on a phone connected to the OBi device — No PC required.
Amazingly Simple is the best way to describe how to get going with Google Voice on your OBi. Just add your Gmail credential to the OBi and start making calls!
What You Need:
1. The OBi202, OBi100 or OBi110 device – Get it here.
2. Gmail username & password – If you do not have this already, get it here.
3. A Telephone – Make A Google Voice call using your everyday phone – no need to be at your computer.
1. Sign-in to your Gmail account, locate the Gmail “Call Phone” feature and make a call from your PC to any phone number. If you have already done this before, you may skip this.
2. Connect the OBi to a broadband connection via your Internet router.
3. Register with the OBiTALK portal, then add your OBi device and use the configuration wizard to set-up the OBi with your Gmail username + password.
4. This step requires you have previously set-up a Google Voice phone number at www.google.com/voice
- Sign-in to Google Voice.
- Select the "Settings" link in the upper right corner of the window and then choose "Voice Settings."
- On the "Phones" tab, check the box next to the "Forwards to: Google Chat."
- The selection will be saved automatically and you may sign-out of Google Voice.
5. Now, start making and receiving calls on your OBi with Google Voice!
Great Things You Can Do with Google Voice on the OBi:
- Direct dial calls to the USA and Canada for free! **
- Direct dial calls to other countries at incredibly low international rates!
- Use an Analog Telephone Adaptor-type VoIP device (OBi202, OBi100 or OBi110) with Google Voice integration in conjunction with the cool features available with Google Voice – e.g. voicemail transcription, on-line voicemail, contact management, international calling, etc.
More Cool Stuff You Can Do with OBi & Google Voice:
- Receive calls to your Google Voice number on the phone attached to the OBi device.
- Use the OBiON app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices for true VoIP calls over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G using the OBi device to bridge to Google Voice and call traditional numbers (without using your cell minutes).
- Receive calls to your Google Voice number then use the OBi device to bridge to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices using Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G (without using your cell minutes).
- Easily set-up Google Voice trunks on your IP PBX phone system – no need for system upgrades or complex configs. The OBi acts as a SIP to Google Voice gateway.
* Google previously announced that calls inside the USA and Canada to the USA and Canada will be free through 2012. Calls to the USA and Canada from other countries are 1 cent per minute.
Google Voice cannot be used to place or receive emergency services calls. Google Voice Legal Notice (link)
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
Android, Gmail and Google Voice are trademarks of Google, Inc.