Frequently Asked Questions
About the OBiWhat is the difference between the OBi202, OBi100, and OBi110?
Click Here for a comparison of OBi devices
Click Here to visit the main Product page on Obihai's website
The OBi1 Series (OBi100, OBi110) and OBi2 Series (OBi200,OBi202) All Have:- At Least One Phone Port: For connection to a regular cordless or corded phone. He OBi202 has 2 ports.
- One Ethernet Port: For connection to an Internet router.
- Support for up to 2 Commercial VoIP services. The OBi2 Series can support 4 services.
- Support for SIP Calling
- Support for Google Voice Calling
- Support for OBiTALK Calling
- Support for fax calling.
- Message Waiting Indication
- Visual and Tone Based
- Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers
- Three Way Conference Calling
- Hook Flash Event Signaling
- Caller ID
- Name & Number
- Call Waiting
- Call Forward - Unconditional, on Busy, on No Answer
- Call Transfer
- Anonymous Call
- Block Anonymous Call
- Do Not Disturb
- Call Return
- Repeat Dialing
- OBiTALK Managed VoIP Network for OBi Endpoint Devices & Applications
- High Quality Voice Encoding Using G.711, G.726, G.729 Algorithms
The products function mostly the same except for a few features. For instance, the OBi110 has a Line port for a land line connection. This port, labeled LINE on the OBi110 (or the OBiLINE accessory used with an OBi2 Series adapter) can be thought of as a gateway to a traditional phone service. The service can be from a land line carrier like AT&T or Verizon. It can also be from a VoIP service like Comcast or Vonage, when the phone port of the Comcast or Vonage phone line is plugged into the LINE port of the OBi110. This gateway functionality is useful for a number of reasons.
OBi110 LINE Port or the OBiLINE USB to Land Line Adapter Accessory:
- Allows you to keep your current land line service yet take advantage of the OBi device's VoIP services.
- Provides for an emergency calling services route when connected to a service supporting the same.
- Acts as a gateway and bridge to the PSTN for calls originating on a VoIP service from a remote OBi device or soft phone.
- For people who do not have a land line, the OBi100, OBi200 or OBi202 are the perfect choices.
OBi Device Sizes:
The OBi100 is smaller than the OBi110, yet features identical VoIP calling functionality via its single phone port. The OBi200 has 1-phone port, a USB port (for OBiWiFi, OBiBT, OBiLINE accessories).
The OBi202 is about double the size of the OBi200 and has 2-phone ports, a USB port (for OBiWiFi, OBiBT, OBiLINE accessories) as well as a 2-port router.